Friday, May 25, 2012

Part 2: Aliona and Nastya



The second part of our journey is Aliona (14) and Nastya (10), they are sisters. We have known about these girls for about 1 1/2 years. We learned about them while following a friends blog of their adoption journey. Heidi and Felix were advocating for them because the girls told them they wanted a family. Diana and I talked about them over a few days and had decided that we would like to adopt them. But when we inquired again about them we were told another family had committed to them. Oddly and as God would have it, right before we were leaving for Ukraine we learned that they were still available. So when were re-directed from our original plan, they immediately came to mind.

I was talking with Felix last week and he said, "You usually know your on the right path when the way is easy or easier". The details are to long to post, but i can tell you it was amazing how easy the path was to these girls.

"For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” - Matthew 11:30

Because of the law, the children are not available for international adopt yet. We are waiting to find out the exact date they are available. We think it is in September. We will be back for them the second they are available to bring them home.


Nastya is cute, silly and extremely loving!


AGAPE held an event for all the orphans in Kherson. They did a play that was the most powerful play i had ever seen. My friend Andriy and I sat next to each other and we were both crying.  On the other side of me, for the entire three hours was Nastya snuggled up to my side. 


I wasn't sure what they were laughing about. But this is my favorite picture of them. I love seeing the happiness in their faces.


Sisters!


I LOVE this picture!

It will be a tough time for us being away from them for the next few months. The day after we left them i think i had the worst day since we have been here. I missed them very much!

Peace and Love...Shane!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I'm sooooo happy for you!! WOW!! Don't you just LOVE it when God moves??? :o)

    ReplyDelete